On 22.12.2007, at 23:30, Andreas Andreou wrote:

Hi,
what's the html template for
ResultElement ?
Can't you add the link there?

ResultElement does not have a HTML but is an AbstractComponent rendering
its content using the renderComponent(). The name "ResultElement" is a little missleading; in reality, ResultElement's renderComponent() method renders
a tree-like structure and needs to emit lots of DirectLinks with update-
Components:

... and from the code (ResultElement's renderComponent()) I try to
render the link as follows:

     DirectLink link = (DirectLink)this.getContainer().getComponent
("link");
     String url = link.getLink(cycle).getURL();
     writer.begin("a");
     writer.appendAttribute("href", url);
     writer.print(title);
     writer.end();

In the meantime I've taken a look at DefaultLinkRenderer.java and see how
they output the onClick element. But this does not seem to anwser my
original question:

How can I programatically generate a DirectLink? Is the above way of
doing it (using getComponent("link"), referring to an existing DirectLink
component, that is) the "right" way? If so, how would I add a body to
the component?

I'd prefer to generate the link like this:

  DirectLink mylink = new DirectLink(...);
  // how to add the body of the link?

How can I do this?

Kaspar