Hi Sven,

so it looks like it is not currently configurable, but it can be worked around. I sill hope it will be made configurable in the future, but for now I will see what I can accomplish with your advice. Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Onno

yes, all is possible,
but not easy:

you must overwrite some method/classes of tapestry

- contributeResourceDigestGenerator in
org.apache.tapestry.services.TapestryModule
- org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.ComponentTemplateSourceImpl
- org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.PageTemplateLocatorImpl
- org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.StaticFilesFilter

but i think its not recommendable to do this, because
you must change some internal services.

Onno Scheffers-3 wrote:
Hi,

it's been a while since I last used Tapestry. My last couple of projects were based on Wicket, simply because that's what the customer wanted. I prefer Tapestry myself and I've just started looking at Tapestry 5. It looks very promising so far. The only real annoyance for me is the fact that I have to use the .tml extension for my templates.

I've read the discussions on it and I understand where it comes from. But the reason I've been able to use Tapestry for some big projects has been the simple fact that I can seamlessly use templates sent to my by external web designers and if changes need to be made to those files, those designers can do it with the Tapestry jwcid's still in it (the HTML is always kept as close to the original as possible).

All external web designers deliver xhtml files with an html extension or xhtml extension. It is annoying to have to rename all those files just to be able to use them. In practice this will also mean having to rename them back before the designers can update those files, since we might have a different designers for each updates or project and training them will probably take longer than renaming the files.

Also the html may contain links to static html pages like helpfiles. In essence renaming the files means we also have to change those links inside the markup every time. This gets in the way of productivity and could introduces errors.

It would really help me if I could just configure Tapestry to support the .html extension again instead of the .tml extension.
Is this possible or planned for a future release?

Regards,

Onno

-----
---