How do you get your logger in your code ?
The injection
    @Inject
    private Logger log;
is only useable in Tapestry pages, components, ...
It will log nothing in your other classes managed by Spring, Hibernate, ...
Outside of Tapestry, you should use something like the line below to use
slf4j :
    private final Logger log = LoggerFactory.getLogger(YourClass.class);

Stephane

Andy Huhn a écrit :
> Hi Buckofive,
>
> Here are a couple of relevant lines from my log4j.properties file.  My
> file is in src/main/resources:
>
> log4j.logger.org.hibernate=info
>
> ### log HQL query parser activity
> #log4j.logger.org.hibernate.hql.ast.AST=info
>
> ### log just the SQL
> log4j.logger.org.hibernate.SQL=debug
>
> This seems to be logging what I expect.
>
> Andy
>
> On Mon, 2008-01-07 at 15:07 -0800, buckofive wrote:
>
>> Is no one else having issues logging 3rd party libraries?  I am unable to get
>> any hibernate or spring logs.  I have tried creating several different
>> tapestry test projects using the 5.0.7 archetype but with I still get
>> nothing.  They all seem to only log tapestry framework and "my pages" logs.
>> Could someone who has success logging hibernate post their log4j.properties
>> file? Please. Pretty Please ... with sugar on top.
>>
>> thanks,
>>

>> buckofive wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm stuck at the moment trying to get log4j to log any 3rd party
>>> libraries.  It seems to work fine for classes within my web project(ie
>>> page classes etc.) and if I set the root level to debug I get what looks
>>> like mostly  web container statements.  Any help would be much
>>> appreciated.
>>>
>>> Here is a very basic version of my log4j.properties file:
>>>
>>> [code]
>>> log4j.rootCategory=WARN, A1
>>>
>>> # A1 is set to be a ConsoleAppender.
>>> log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
>>>
>>> # A1 uses PatternLayout.
>>> log4j.appender.A1.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
>>> log4j.appender.A1.layout.ConversionPattern=[%p] %c{1} %m%n
>>>
>>> log4j.category.org.apache.tapestry.TapestryFilter=info
>>> log4j.category.org.apache.tapestry=error