But you can always put in a normal Webapp Filter ahead of Tapestry that would munge the url as you see fit (and capture the information into a Request.attribute).. I do this myself in a different way.. (clip off the leading directory in the url). But here is some pseudo-code:

project/999/blah

convert into:

request.setattribute(999)
project/blah

then in your page you could recover that project id through requestGlobals.gethttpserveletrequest.getattribute(projectId).

Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
Sorry, no this isn't directly possible.  Tapestry is pretty rigid
about the format of the URLs:  It's always the logical page name
("project/backlog/panel" for class (root).pages.project.backlog.Panel
then the activation context (the 999 id in this example).

It's basically like this: more flexibility requires more (and more,
and more) configuration which is entirely backwards from where
Tapestry is coming from.