dangerous ideas....
This could be an interesting way of running an application straight
from a DB backend, where the DB can act as a versioning system if
needed.  A new updated class or template is uploaded to the DB, and
the flushCache() causes the CTS service to pick up the newest template
versions.  This could provide CMS type "publishing" of individual
pieces (components/pages) by version.  Then you can still roll back to
a previous version of a class/template if you want, all via a web UI.
Kind of like SVN.

Can the flushCache() flush only specific classes/templates?  Or does
it flush everything?