Hi Howard,

More information. The actual error is

"bad frame_type in StackMapTable"

and is thrown from javassist.bytecode.StackMapTable.stackMapFrames(int,int).
Not sure whether this helps, but it looks as if the stack is messed up.

There is a try {...} finally{..} in the code, and if I remove this it runs
through. I've spent several hours trying to produce a small test case (the
actual site includes a 500k line internal library), and, even though it
looks very similar it runs through fine. I'll continue trying to produce a
test case, but in the meantime is there anything I can do to identify the
cause?

Thanks,

Adriaan