Hi,

I've been trying to perform some cross field validation in 5.0.10, but I'm unable to find any usable examples on how to get it working.

I've added a "onValidateForm()" method to my page (and it is being called properly) but if I want to indicate some error how do I do that?

Following an example on the wiki it says I should use _form.recordError(). However recording an error (just the string, no field) makes tapestry happily submit the form and continue to next page as if no error was recorded. I think I read somewhere that is was not necessary to manually check for errors as the first step in onSubmit().

I've also tried throwing a ValidationException but that brings up the exception page.

So could someone point me in the right direction here?

PS. what I'm ultimately aiming for is a replacement for our old struts construct that I think would look something like this in T5:

Page:
void onValidateForm() {
    _componentXXX.extraValidation(_form);
    _componentYYY.extraValidation(_form);
}

I would like it if it where possible to have T5 wire in the extra validation methods automatically, so page developers shouldn't be forced to remember which of the components that require extra validation, but i guess I should get the basic case working before playing with that ;)

--
Chris