Bind the value property of your checkbox to a page property.

E.g. in your page class:

public abstract boolean isChecked();
public abstract void setChecked(boolean checked);

and in your template:

<input jwcid="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
  displayName="literal:Hotels"
  value="ognl:checked"/>
<label jwcid="@FieldLabel"
  field="component:doHotelSearchCheckbox">Hotels</label>

Uli