to get you started I can give you a hint, ... no time to try it out my self :)

make your own simple component to wrap value

look at org.apache.tapestry.corelib.base.AbstractField

it uses
    @Environmental
    private PageRenderSupport _pageRenderSupport;

to generate unique id
    final void setup()
    {
        // By default, use the component id as the (base) client id.
If the clientid
        // parameter is bound, then that is the value to use.

        String id = _clientId;

        // Often, these controlName and _clientId will end up as the
same value. There are many
        // exceptions, including a form that renders inside a loop, or
a form inside a component
        // that is used multiple times.

        _assignedClientId = _pageRenderSupport.allocateClientId(id);