Just a note to confirm that this does work with the 4.1.5 snapshot.

Andreas Andreou wrote:
Can you try it with a recent snapshot?
http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/tapestry/tapestry-framework/4.1.5-SNAPSHOT/

I think someone mentioned that something like this now should work.

A workaround is to have the script you want to execute already in the
template and conditionally render it