Hi,

On 2008-03-18 15:41, Martin Grotzke wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 14:19 +0100, Chris Lewis wrote:
Martin,

I'm guessing your mail client converted Josh's message because it
rendered the & in the url as & - just as you have explained and
shown.
Ok, thanx :)

 As he said, url's with & in place of & are actually correct
and should not cause problems (I personally have never seen these urls
cause any).
I would say that a request parameter appended with &param=value
would be seen by the server as amp;param instead of just param.

W3C says otherwise: "With HTML, the browser translates "&" to "&" so the Web server would only see "&" and not "&" in the query string of the request."

http://htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/problems.html#amp

It's not a problem. I see the exact same behaviour and it's working just fine. :)

-Filip

Cheers,
Martin

chris