Caveat: I'm not using any of the ajax features (yet)
But I have a "critical" app in production right now on 5.0.11, and it's running very nicely.
Even the occasional NPE I was seeing before (see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-2037)
appears to be completely "worked around" in the core. It's been rock solid, and wonderful to work with.

Robert