Are you sure that the page you're outputting has proper <html><body></ body></html> tags? I've been burned by forgetting my <body /> tags which I believe are needed for tapestry to add scripts, but tapestry doesn't give you any warning that the scripts haven't been added. I think I made a Jira for this a couple months ago.

-mike

On Mar 29, 2008, at 6:03 AM, Julien HENRY wrote:

In fact, it could be a bug. I tried to add a beaneditform component in the Start page, and I have JavaScript (for client side validation). Just put the beaneditform in the Layout.tml instead and there is no more Javascript.

Should I open a bug in JIRA?

Regards

----- Message d'origine ----
De : Julien HENRY <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
À : users@tapestry.apache.org
Envoyé le : Samedi, 29 Mars 2008, 15h23mn 34s
Objet : [T5] How to add JavaScript in a component used in a layout

Hi,

I'm using a custom JAR-packaged component in a template. When I use the component directly in a page (Start.tml) I have both JavaScript and CSS file included in the HTML. But when I try to put the component in my application layout (Layout.tml), there is only the CSS file. No JavaScript.
In my component, I have also the following method:

@IncludeJavaScriptLibrary("${path}/component.js")
@IncludeStylesheet("${path}/component.css")
public class MyComponent {

void beginRender(MarkupWriter writer) {

       _pageRenderSupport.addScript("setup();");

       writer.cdata("Foo Bar");
}

On my finale page, I have the text "Foo Bar" displayed but no <script> tag at all. Only the component.css.

Can you help me to solve this problem.

Thanks

Julien