Hi all!

I am using ACEGI and the T5 integration which works well. To simplify the code
I tried to store the "user" in the application state object which allows all
pages access to this object just by the @Inject annotation.

Unfortunately when retrieving the user from the DB and trying to save the login
result a NullPointerException occurs because the "_request" member in
"SessionApplicationStatePersistenceStrategy" is not set yet (see below).

Via AppModule I injected the ApplicationStateManger to my ACEGI authenticaten
provider which seems to work (proxy instance passed as parameter, not null).
But the next line causes the NPE:

_applicationStateManager.set(AcegiDomainUser.class,
(AcegiDomainUser)userDetails);

I assume that the acegi authentication provider runs within the ACEGI filter
and the T5 objects are not properly setup at this time. Is there a place where
I can safely access ASM and how to pass the information from the authentication
provider to T5?

Thanks in advance

Jens

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
ASM=<Proxy for
ApplicationStateManager(org.apache.tapestry.services.ApplicationStateManager)>

07.04.2008 11:53:15 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
SCHWERWIEGEND: Servlet.service() for servlet default threw exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at $Request_119284d5f17.getSession($Request_119284d5f17.java)
        at $Request_119284d5ee2.getSession($Request_119284d5ee2.java)
        at
org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.SessionApplicationStatePersistenceStrategy.getSession(SessionApplicationStatePersistenceStrategy.java:42)
        at
org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.SessionApplicationStatePersistenceStrategy.set(SessionApplicationStatePersistenceStrategy.java:72)
        at
org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.ApplicationStateManagerImpl$ApplicationStateAdapter.set(ApplicationStateManagerImpl.java:50)
        at
org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.ApplicationStateManagerImpl.set(ApplicationStateManagerImpl.java:138)
        at
$ApplicationStateManager_119284d5f28.set($ApplicationStateManager_119284d5f28.java)