The approach I would take would be to configure the Form to store its
persistent fields on the client, rather than in the Session.

On your PAGE, you can add a @Meta annotation for this:

@Meta("tapestry.persistence-strategy=client")
public class MyPage { ...

This sets the default persistence strategy for the entire page to be
"client".  Since in most cases, @Persist is used without a specific
strategy, even nested components (such as Form) will inherit a default
persistent strategy from their container.

I haven't tried this yet myself ... give it a try and report back!

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 5:05 AM, Peter Stavrinides
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If I understand correctly you need to pass data completely independent of
> session state... then your options are hidden form fields, and or URL
> parameters. Of course then you would have to reinitialize your properties
> manually after posting, which is not such big a deal!
>

>  Fernando Padilla wrote:
>
> > I have a requirement to not depend on HttpSession, but the Form component
> has a @Persist field that Tapestry wants to store in a session.  What are
> some options to avoid this?

Howard M. Lewis Ship