Hard to tell without checking the code, but:  looks like the
FlexDataEditor delegates all its behavior to the built-in DateField
component, right?

So the DateField is the component that (at render) negotiates an
control name (i.e., FormSupport.allocateControlName() ), and then
pushes the parsed and validated date back up.  You should see this in
the HTML and form submission, a component whose client element has a
name like "datefield" (or "datefield_0", etc.).

Presumable the DateField is tied to a property of the FlexDateEditor,
and that property is tied eventually up to your bean.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship