_that sounds like a bug to me. It should stay as an Object, and since its
not rendered, shouldn't need to string-itised.

http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/ref/org/apache/tapestry/corelib/components/Loop.html
value type is Object

weird... so far I've only looped enums, so I wouldn't know.

perhaps someone who knows about the internals ?