It sounds like what you are describing is @Persist("flash") which
stores the object in the session until the next time its read
(generally on the render pass)

You can also take a look at

http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry/ComponentResourcesCommon.html#isRendering()

Josh

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 7:24 AM, Luca Fossato <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> thank you.
>
> Sorry, I didn't explain well. I intended from an "html page" point of view.
> Example: I have a page with a form. I'd like to track its lifecycle
> both for the "rewind" and "render" phase
> (I use T4 "rewind" term to indicate that the application is "exiting"
> from a page, and "render" to indicate the application is entering into
> the page)
>
> Here's an example log of the page lifecycle when I press the submit
> button of its form:
>
> --- cut here ---
>
> >> page is rendered; click the submit button of the form:
>
> ====> [TRANSACTION] transaction begin...
> myPage : pageAttached
> myPage : onActivate
> ** db initialization...
> myPage : onSuccessFromForm
> myPage: onPassivate (1 time)
> <==== [TRANSACTION] closed the entity manager...
>
> myPage : pageDetached
>
> << form submit was successfull; T5 redirects to the same page;
>
> ====> [TRANSACTION] transaction begin...
> myPage : pageAttached
> myPage : onActivate
> ** db initialization...
> myPage: onPassivate (x times)
> <==== [TRANSACTION] closed the entity manager...
>
> myPage : pageDetached
>
> --- cut here ---
>
> It seems to me that pageDetached is executed for both "rewind" and
> "render" phases.
> I'd like to know if there is an API or a strategy that I can use in
> onActivate method (or another initialization method) to know if I am
> exiting or entering the page.
>
> For example, I'd like to enter into a page and use onActivate() to
> initialize business data from the db and store it into a cache
> (session).
> Then, when I press the submit button of the form contained into the
> page, T5 will re-execute onActivate() again.
> At that moment, I'd like to know if I am in the "rewind" phase. If so,
> I could get the data from the cache (and then remove it from the
> cache, too)
>
> When T5 re-enters into the page and re-executes onActivate() (3rd
> time), I will check if the page is in "render" phase.
> If so I will query the db again to get "fresh" data.
>
> Regards,
> Luca
>

> On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 2:46 PM, Chris Lewis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Luca,
> >
> >  I think what you want is the page life cyle method "PageDetached." See:
> >  http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/guide/lifecycle.html
> >
> >  sincerely,
> >  chris
> >

> >  Luca Fossato wrote:
> >  > Hi,
> >  >
> >  > in Tapestry 5 is there a way to determine if the application is
> >  > entering or exiting from a page (like the T4 api :
> >  > event.getRequestCycle().isRewinding() ) ?
> >  >
> [...]

TheDailyTube.com. Sign up and get the best new videos on the internet
delivered fresh to your inbox.