Interesting, espscially https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-1904 and https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-1679.

I've another question. Do you think there's a need for loading/ unloading modules? This would add a very powerful feature the Java world does leak in comparison to php. Think of WordPress or drupal. There you can add modules to your installation, activate (load) them, uninstall (unload) them and everything is neatly integrated into the GUI. I think some apps also allow for autodetection of new module versions.

I researched T5 a little and found that from many points (UI, Services, Configuration) it should be able to make modules loadable. But I'm an T5-IoC beginner and know far to less to get my hands dirty now. Though from user perspective I would love to see this. Dreammode: Have eclipse/ OSGi like T5 where I can drop a jar file and the next time I log into the admin area everything is loaded, could be configured and activated.

My basic questions here are
ALL: i.) Would it be of benefit to make modules loadable (deployable, etc.)?
HLS/ ALL: ii.) Where would I have to look into to get things on go?

Michael

Howard Lewis Ship schrieb:
You can see that there are a few issues in JIRA to make the IoC stuff
(even) more refactoring-safe.

On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 11:06 PM, Michael Gerzabek