I make the component called button which is different compare with submit
component.
The questions I have now is. how can I get the value from textarea without a
submit button.

<t:textArea t:value="task" t:id="editplace" /> <-- I put the value = "task"

And in the page class, i put
public void setTask(String task)
        {
                this.task = task;
                System.out.println("This is setting tasks: " + task);
                //tasks.add(this.task);
        }

public String getTask()
        {
                this.task = " more event here";
                System.out.println("This is the getting task: "+this.task);
                return this.task;
        }

But somehow, there are not working, because I use my custom button
component. Any suggesstions I can get the values from textarea , or make
setter and getter working??

Thanks a lot