My projects are setup with Maven, stored in Subversion, edited in IntelliJ IDEA, run in Jetty for local testing, deployed to Tomcat 5.5 (for now, moving to Jetty soon) and use Hibernate with MySQL (although I'm migrating to PostgreSQL soon) for data access.

-Filip

mark lu skrev:
sorry,i mean what technology do you use in you web application?
such as tapestry ,spring ,hibernate,cvs,eclipse,etc.
thank you for your help!!

Filip S. Adamsen-2 wrote:
Hi,

I'm hardly an expert. I just read the docs and keep an eye on the commits and JIRA issues. :)

All the advice I can give is that you read ALL the docs on T5 and go from there. Learning Spring is not necessary with T5 IoC. Hibernate is a very good framework to know, though - I use it extensively myself.

I can't recommend a database for you, it depends on the kind of application you want to make, your budget, where you deploy, etc.

What do you mean by what "knowledges" I use?

-Filip

mark lu skrev:
Alexander 's book based on 5.0.6.
i think you must be an expert in tapestry!
i want to build my web application,cound you give me some advices?
what other knowledges do i need except for tapestry?do i need learn
spring
or hibernate?
Alexander recommend db4o as a database,how about you advice?
what knowledges do you use in you web applicaton?
thanks!!

Filip S. Adamsen-2 wrote:
Hi there,

Welcome to the list. :)

Alexander's book is based on Tapestry 5.0.7 or so, I believe. The current beta version is 5.0.11 with 5.0.12 available as snapshots.

As T5 was alpha when Alexander wrote the book, there have been quite a few changes since then. You can see some of them at http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/upgrade.html.

If there's anything else that doesn't work I'd advise you to check out the relevant docs at the website, and if that doesn't solve your problem, send a mail to this list. We'll probably be able to tell you what's going on.

Regarding T5 applications, I've had one site running since December 2, 2007 and another site up since August, 2007.

-Filip