I'm creating a set of tabs (using t5components' TabSet) with dynamic
content.  Each tab contains just a t:delegate whose "to" parameter is
bound to a property.  I have a drop-down menu of event links that set
those properties so that they reference the components that provide
the tabs' content.  This works fine.  However, if I refresh the
browser, the tab contents disappear.  Not too surprising, since the
properties to which the tabs are delegating get reset.

I can fix this by making those properties persistent, but this gives
me the willies.  Since those properties hold components, making them
persistent means that I'm keeping those components across requests by
putting them in the session.  This seems like a bad idea, since the
pages to which the components belong are presumably getting returned
to the page pool at the end of each request.

Are my fears justified?  Any ideas of a better way to handle my use
case?  Thanks in advance.