Thanks for the heads up.

Looking at the Hibernate source, I can see that this is true, when you
commit() a transaction, the Session's connection to the transaction
(via the JDBCContext) is lost.  It seems like, at least for the JDBC
case, the Transaction object should only have begin() invoked once.

Please add a bug to JIRA; I'll change the source to invoke
session.beginTransaction() rather than Transaction.begin() after
commit or rollback.

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 5:30 PM, raulmt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using T5.0.12, Hibernate 3.2.6GA and MySQL 5.1. I ran into a problem
> when I wanted to make two commits on the same request. The first commit
> worked fine, but the second works "partially" (for example, an entity
> deletion on the second transaction doesn't ocurr....).
>
> Debugging, I realized that before the first call to
> HibernateSessionManager.commit(), if I call
> hsm.getSession().getTransaction() (which gets the underlying transaction
> from the jdbcContext), the Transaction returned is the same instance that is
> stored in a property on the hsm, but after calling hsm.commit(),
> hsm.getSession().getTransaction() returns another instance of Transaction...
>
> I guess the problem is that hsm.commit() after committing the transaction it
> obtained when created the Session, instead of obtaining again the
> (apparently new) underlying transaction calling session.getTransaction(), it
> calls begin() on the same transaction it has stored on its property, which
> isn't the real underlying transaction and because of that, the transaction
> doesn't really begin again. If, after calling hsm.commit() I do a
> hsm.getSession().getTransaction().begin() (which I assume really starts
> another transaction on the database) all works perfectly.
>
> I'm not neither a Tapestry nor Hibernate expert, but I think maybe
> hsm.commit() should get again the transaction with session.getTransaction
> after it commits the current transaction.
>
> Regards.

Howard M. Lewis Ship