Hi James,

I'd recommend you skip T4 and go straight to T5 if you can live with it not being final yet. As far as I know the final release should happen sometime this summer, though.

T5 is already quite mature, though - I've been using T5 in production for more than 7 months with only minor issues along the way.

Hibernate is very much alive and kicking - check the tapestry-hibernate module, which adds some very nice, slick Hibernate 3 support to T5.

Oh, and if you decide to use Hibernate... get the book from Manning, Java Persistence with Hibernate - formerly known as Hibernate in Action.

-Filip

James Sherwood skrev:
Hello all,

Currently all our development is in T3(I know we are behind).

The word has come down its time to upgrade.  My question is, what technology
works best with T4 as the layer between it and the database?

Currently we use Torque with T3(behind again I know).  I have been researching
it and hibernate pops up everywhere but it seems like most of the posts are
from 2006 or earlier.

So what is the best solution for us?(Is maybe T5 and something better than going T4 even?)
Thanks in advance for your advice,

--James