hi lutz,

by default the tapestry form will generate method="post".
there is no way to change the method... you could add a
jira issue to change the form component to accept an
additional method parameter.

alternativley you could create a mixin that is attached to
your form. The mixin could then overwrite the method
property:

public class FormMethodOverrideMixin() {
..
    public void afterRender(MarkupWriter writer) {
        Element form = // get element representing from tag
        form.forceAttributes("method","get");

g,
kris

"Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
25.06.2008 15:32
Bitte antworten an
"Tapestry users" <users@tapestry.apache.org>

An
"Tapestry users" <users@tapestry.apache.org>
Kopie

Thema
Re: [t5] form method="get", "old school" query parameters

Em Wed, 25 Jun 2008 10:23:27 -0300, Lutz Hühnken
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escreveu:

> what is the way to create a form with method="GET" in Tapestry 5?
>
> I would like to create a simple form that produces a "GET" request
> with query parameters, such as
> www.example.com/books?author=king&category=crime. What is the
> straight-forward way to do that?

As long you don't want or need to process this form in T5's way (with
event handler methods, binding HTML fields to values, etc), just don't use

T5's Form component and use an ordinary HTML form.

Thiago