Hello all,

I'm new to Tapestry 5, and I'm having some problems:

In T4, the Shell component creates the outer layout. When I insert a
shell  component in my pages, it ignores the page <html><head> etc and only
renderizes

    On T5, with the <t:layout>, it renders both, the layout <html><head> and
the page <html><head>.
    How can I make it render only the layout <html><head>?

    And how can I make so that it don't render something, like the $remove$
tag on T4?

The tutorials I found about T5 shows examples with layout this way:

On the layout page, it goes the shell:

  <head>
   etc

On the page, just the body content, like:

<t:layout xmlns:t="http://tapestry.apache.org/schema/tapestry_5_0_0.xsd";>
     ${hello}
</t:layout>

But if I do this way, when I open the page on a web browser it doesn't
recognize it
as a html page. I have tried adding a

It works for a preview, but when I run tapestry it throws this exception:
Failure parsing template context:Start.tml: The markup in the document
following the root element must be well-formed.

How are you doing to preview the pages?

Thanks.

--
Fabio Kreusch