I thought that its main contribution to be able to use it for multiple values,
and not yet I understand why this functionality has not been implemented.
So, I agree for jira.

Ted Steen wrote:
At the moment you should think of the @PageActivationContext as a
convenience annotation for you to use when you only want to place a
single value in the context. Personally I think it would make more
sense if you where able to use it for multiple values.

Maybe worth adding a JIRA for that?
For example, when multiple values are annotated they are added to the
context in alphabetical order.