I meant that the hibernate-implementation is bad design here.
Having a method:
getExecutableCriteria(Session session) to me would mean that any object
adhering to the interface Session could be passed as a parameter. However
getExecutableCriteria really needs a SessionImpl to be passed so that should
have been the type of the param.