Hi Udo,

take a closer look at your code. the init() method
you override is not the one from the Filter!!

it is a method to add additional inits AFTER the
Registry has been started.

take a look at org.apache.tapestry5.TapestryFilter.java

btw. you cannot override init() because it is marked final.

g,
kris

"Udo Abel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
14.07.2008 08:55
Bitte antworten an
"Tapestry users" <users@tapestry.apache.org>

An
<users@tapestry.apache.org>
Kopie

Thema
TapestryFilter subclassing problem

Hi,

when I try to subclass TapestryFilter to do some initialization in the
overridden init(), I get a runtime exception during filter start:

ERROR main org.mortbay.log - failed TapTest
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error building service proxy for service
'ServletApplicationInitializer' (at
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule.buildServletApplicationInitializer(Logger,

List, ApplicationInitializer) (at TapestryModule.java:951)): argument type
mismatch
                 at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.ModuleImpl.create(ModuleImpl.java:245)

even though the overridden method is yet empty.

Using Tapestry 5.0.13.

Is there anything else to do than subclassing the TapestryFilter and using
it in the web.xml?

Thanks,
Udo.

--
Psssst! Schon das coole Video vom GMX MultiMessenger gesehen?
Der Eine für Alle: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/messenger03