While tapestry's Dialog component allows you to set the backgroundColor
( http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/components/dojo/dialog.html ),
the dialog created for validation errors is contructed at
tapestry.form.validation.summarizeErrors as

                var dialog=dojo.widget.createWidget(this.dialogName,
                                                {

widgetId:"validationDialog",
                                                        message:msg
                                                }, node);
                dialog.show();

so, it's not really configurable...
What i've done a few times is completely redefine
tapestry.form.validation.summarizeErrors
in my own javascript - this would allow you to contruct the dialog
however way you like, or
even attach the errors near the field labels (perhaps with a timer to
fade them out in 10 secs, e.t.c.)