t: is absolutely critical only for two things: id, and type.

t:id or t:type clearly identify a particular tag as a reference to a component, either an explicit one (t:id) or implicit (t:type). Without one of those two things (or both), having, eg, t:page="Index" is meaningless.

Beyond those two attributes, nothing has to be prefixed with t:, and is a matter of personal preference. Personally, I try to move as much as I can out of the template, although I frequently leave informal, html-attribute parameters in the template.

Robert