On my POJO model, the equals method is like this:

        public boolean equals(Object obj) {
                if (this == obj)
                        return true;
                // if (!super.equals(obj))
                // return false;
                if (getClass() != obj.getClass())
                        return false;
                ReportType other = (ReportType) obj;
                if (code == null) {
                        if (other.code != null)
                                return false;
                } else if (!code.equals(other.code))
                        return false;
                if (name == null) {
                        if (other.name != null)
                                return false;
                } else if (!name.equals(other.name))
                        return false;
                if (reportTemplates == null) {
                        if (other.reportTemplates != null)
                                return false;
                } else if (!reportTemplates.equals(other.reportTemplates))
                        return false;
                return true;
        }

It is generated from eclipse. And for the PropertySelectionModel the
code is like this:

public class ReportTypeSelectionModel implements IPropertySelectionModel,
                Serializable {
        private static final long serialVersionUID = 1823541941745724736L;
        private List<ReportType> rtList;
        public ReportTypeSelectionModel(List<ReportType> reptypList) {
                this.rtList = reptypList;
        }
        public String getLabel(int index) {
                return rtList.get(index).getCode();
        }
        public Object getOption(int index) {
                return rtList.get(index);
        }
        public int getOptionCount() {
                return rtList.size();
        }
        public String getValue(int index) {
                return Integer.toString(index);
        }
        public boolean isDisabled(int index) {
                // TODO Auto-generated method stub
                return false;
        }
        public Object translateValue(String value) {
                return getOption(Integer.parseInt(value));

Do the PropertySelectionModel will select the value which it set using
setMyValue(theValue) on the page class?
On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 11:32 AM, Andreas Andreou <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> is equals() implemented accordingly for your domain object?
>
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 7:09 AM, Mohammad Irfan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hi, getting the selected object from the list is not a problem. The
>> problem is if I want to edit an object where it has a property
>> selection on it's form, I want to set it according to the object's
>> value.
>>
>> The code:
>> <select jwcid="@PropertySelection" value="ognl:myValue"
>> model="ognl:myValues" />
>>
>> I have a setter and geter for both model and value object:
>>
>> public abstract Value getMyValue();
>> public abstract void setMyValue(Value val);
>>
>> public abstract IPropertySelectionModel getMyValues(){
>> }
>>
>> and on the page begin render, I have set the default value if I'm
>> editting the object:
>>
>> public void pageBeginRender(PageEvent event) {
>>   setMyValue( getObject().getValue() );
>> }
>>
>> But, nothing is happened. The list is always selecting the first
>> value, not the object's value that I want.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 10:06 PM, Norman Franke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> This is handled automatically based on the "value" parameter for the
>>> tapestry object.
>>>
>>> <select jwcid="@PropertySelection" value="ognl:myValue"
>>> model="ognl:myValues" />
>>>
>>> You can use an existing model, or implement IPropertySelectionModel which
>>> Tapestry uses to translate values and the like.
>>>
>>> Norman Franke
>>> Answering Service for Directors, Inc.
>>> www.myasd.com

>> --