Perhaps it's not much help, but you can see where commons-pool comes from if you run:

mvn dependency:tree

Martin

On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 19:56:31 +0200, Ken in nashua <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Well no where in my project is commons-pool specified anywhere. It is implicitly being drawn into the project somehow and war'd up within web-inf/lib I had to explicitly specify commons-pool-1.4 explicitly as a dependency in the pom.
And after running jetty;run with --debug I noticed a log text
[DEBUG] commons-pool:commons-pool:jar:1.3:compile (removed - nearer found: 1.4)
as well as similar log messages for other commons libraries.
Specifying the canonical revision that tapestry uses solved the issue but it would be nice to know what mechanism is drawiing in commons-pool-1.3 when it is never specified within the pom.
This all seems unnecessary. Any comments would help
Best regards Ken in nashua