Hello guys,

I think I really need some clarification on all the things around partial update of a form. To begin, I read a lot of topic on this subject on the ml, all the doc available on the site and the example for T5 test suite, but I just don't get it, and I believe I'm not the only one in this case.

My need is quite simple : I want to know how to update a full zone (that contains fields) inside a form given some field's value or action in the same form. Typical example are a select that update other fields availability, a radio button that enable some some more datas, etc. I'm aware of some workaround or specific case (a select can update an other select thanks to the onEvent mixin of t5-component lib), as am I of some related bug as https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-138 (add a zone parameter in select), but I really need a more general solution.

What I have tried first is to simply add a zone in the form [1], but I get "No object of type org.apache.tapestry5.services.FormSupport is available from the Environment. " Afterward, I tried to use forminjector, formfrogment, ajaxformloop (which works great in the special context of adding/removing an unique row of some kind), and nothing seems to work for this use case.

So. Is somebody aware of a way to do it ? Where is the "triggerzone mixin" that take an action (onselect, onchage, etc) and can be add to our component ? Where is the "ZoneForm" that can be put inside a form ?

I would like this thread can lead to some kind of reference on the subject, so that an howto can be written on this topic.

Thanks in advance for the help !

[1] Ex of what I want :
<t:form>
<t:actionlink zone="myzone">Update info</t:actionlink> // in real life, I whould like to use a mixin for that, on a field
<t:zone t:id="myzone">
[here goes a lot of stuff with fields and components and the like]
</t:zone>

</t:form>

--
Francois Armand