Same error: "this.forms[formId] is undefined" in dojo.js

Norman Franke
Answering Service for Directors, Inc.
www.myasd.com

On Sep 26, 2008, at 7:13 PM, Andreas Andreou wrote:

try

document.timer = function() {
      tapestry.form.submitAsync("update");
      setTimeout(document.timer, 5000);
}
setTimeout(document.timer, 5000);

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 1:58 AM, Norman Franke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm using Tapestry 4.1.2 and I'm attempting to get a JavaScript timer to
periodically refresh a block on my page. This is that block:

Page load time: <span jwcid="@Insert" value="ognl:value">Value</span>

<form jwcid="[EMAIL PROTECTED]" updateComponents="updateDiv" async="true">

Refreshed time: <span jwcid="@Insert" value="ognl:value">Value</span>

<input jwcid="@Submit" value="Update"/>
</form>
<SCRIPT language="JavaScript">
dojo.require("tapestry.form");

function timer() {
      tapestry.form.submitAsync("update");
      setTimeout(timer(), 5000);
}
setTimeout(timer(), 5000);
</SCRIPT>

The problem is this doesn't work. It gets an error "this.forms[formId] is undefined". I tried a few other things, which resulted in recursion errors
(Firefox 3).

How can I do this?

Norman Franke
Answering Service for Directors, Inc.