Maybe it's possible that you disable your select only clientside?
If you do so there won't be any problems if you later on enable it again.

Andy

Russell Brown schrieb:
Hi,
I am using a T5 select component. When the form renders I wish the select to be disabled so I use disabled="true" parameter. However, some javascript causes the field to become enabled. If this happens however the value selected does not get sent into the property of the component. I am assuming this is thanks to the "feature" decribed here http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/ref/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/components/Select.html thussly :
"If true, then the field will render out with a disabled attribute (to turn off
client-side behavior). Further, a disabled field ignores any value in the request when
the form is submitted. "

So how to set the select value to disabled initially but not make it stay that
way for ever?

Thanks in advance for your ideas, I have resorted to adding a little javascript
that sets it so on load but that is a bit of hack for some fairly simple
functionality.

Any reason WHY "Further, a disabled field ignores any value in the request when the
form is submitted." this seems to offer zero advantage and loads of problems

Cheers

Russell