PROBLEM FOUND!
The beaneditform component can't understand this type of setter methods:

public String getUsername(){return username;}
public Operator setUsername(String username){this.username=username;return
this;}

I changed the setter in this way:
public void setUsername(String username){this.username=username;}

and everything is working now.
I usually define setters in this way in order to write something like this:

 Operator operator = new
Operator().setUsername().setPwd().setThis(..).setThat(..);

So, how can I manage this kind of setters in Tapestry 5? any suggestion?
do I really have to change all my setter methods?!?!? :,(