You want to return the value of an OGNL expression based on your example, just that you want the expression to be determined at run time. I'd imagine you can do that in code. I've never done that, but it should be possible to do so. What I have done was to use HiveMind's PropertyUtils class to fetch a property from an object.

Again, I'm sure you can get access to an OGNL parser and then pass it a string to resolve, returning an Object that you can return to the Tapestry page.

Norman Franke
Answering Service for Directors, Inc.
www.myasd.com