Hi Shymon,

The way I handle this is this:

I use a DAO that I wrote as the source for my Grid.

In a @BeginRender method on the page, I initialize the criteria in the
DAO.

Then, when the Grid calls prepare(), the DAO retrieves all matching rows
from Hibernate (you could retrieve from XML-RPC), and the DAO stores
that result set internally in the DAO.  (Only the rows that match the
criteria are returned).

When the Grid calls getAllAVailableRows(), the DAO returns the count of
rows in that result set.

When the Grid calls GetRowValue(), I return one specific row from that
result set.

Andy