Well, I now just assure all my Translators are also FieldTranslators and vice versa.

Kind egards,
Joachim

Christoph Jäger wrote:
Hi,

I just stumbled upon the same problem when updating from 5.0.14 to 5.0.15. There must be a way that Tapestry automatically creates the FieldTranslator if a Translator is specified for a field. All the information should be there. As I see it, apart from the Translator, the FieldTranslator needs the Field, a MessageFormatter and a FormSupport instance to do its work. I can't believe we have to "manually" pick up all of these objects and create a FieldTranslator (a separate one for each field in a form). Looking at how Tapestry automatically creates / converts / coerces lots of other useful stuff, I am almost sure there are some magic configuration entries to enable automatic creation of FieldTranslators (given a Translator), we just need to find them.

Best Regards,

Christoph