Alejandro
Your suggestions totally fixed my problem. Thank you very much.
Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: Alejandro Scandroli [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2008 2:30 PM
To: Tapestry users
Subject: Re: Problems with 4.1.6 ExternalPages and back/forward button

This one is tricky, specially on IE.
The equiv meta tags are not enough for this to work properly across
browsers, the cache configurations (Pragma, CacheControl, Expires)
need to be in the HTTP headers.
To accomplish this I've a shell render with an injected WebResponse
and then I do this:

public void render(IMarkupWriter writer, IRequestCycle cycle) {
                        webResponse.setHeader("Cache-control",
"no-cache,no-store,must-revalidate");
                        webResponse.setHeader("Pragma", "no-cache");
                        webResponse.setHeader("Expires", "Mon, 06 Jan 1990
00:00:01 GMT");

I hope it helps.

Cheers.
Alejandro.

--
Alejandro Scandroli - http://weblog.amneris.es/
Amneris: We build process-driven web applications.

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 12:24 AM, Jon Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> No luck with the "preventBackButtonFix=true". Same problems/symptoms.
Thanks