Thanks!
I seem to be able to render the anchor component based on the Link being
created from the ComponentResources.createActionLink().  However, the action
does not seem to be fired when I hook up the event using the @OnEvent
annotation.  The anchor is rendered using the MarkupWriter.element() method
using the Link object to define the href attribute.

Note, that the creating and rendering of the action anchor is done purely in
Java...no template.

My anchor renders the following url:
mypage.pagelayout/activate Activate

There is a page called Home/MyPage and on this page is a component called
PageLayout which is an extension of my Layout component.  In the PageLayout
component, I have my "activate" event handler as follows:
@OnEvent(component="activate")
public Object activate() {

Any idea why the activate event is not being called and how I can hook the
event to the action?

Thanks Once Again.
Marcel