aldana schrieb:
ok, thanks for the first hints.

But I guess it is not possible to map these activation-contexts also for
components (i.e. subelements of a Page)? I am having a MainContent component
(which should show main content of a site, most of it static html) and
therefore want to pass such an activation context info also to a component.

a structure like:
http://domain.com/<pageName>/<pageSubcompId>/<paramForActivationContext>

I think what you want is absolutly possible.

First: components can work with activation contexts. They don't behave any differnet from pages with regards to activation.

Second: wouldn't it be a solution, if your page(s) take the activation context and those pages pass the context down to inherited components? Like:

public class SomeClass{
@Property
     private long someID;

     @Component(parameters={ "someID=prop:someID" })
     private SomeComponent someComponent;

     public void onActivate(long someID){
         this.someID = someID

Haven't tested it, but it should work that way...

Andy