You can use RenderSupport.addScript() ... and then on the client-side
use the Protoype Function.defer.

defer() is a function on Function, i.e.

function() { loadSomeStuff }.defer();

The function gets executed "a little bit later", i.e., after a few
milliseconds delay.

Please check the Prototype documentation for examples.

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 10:09 AM, Nick Davies <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Apologies if I'm being dull here, but I'm trying to trigger an AJAX call
> automatically once a page has finished loading - the idea is that the
> main page is cached and a small amount is re-rendered each time.
>
> Obviously, this needs to happen after the call to the Tapestry.init()
> javascript function, which sets up the zone. I can't find a way of
> getting anything to run after this - tapestry puts the init call in a
> DOM loaded event listener, and anything you register with RenderSupport
> runs immediately before this.
>
> We're using Tapestry 5.0.15
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nick