though I have no idea what you're trying to do :)

have you considered using decorators? Those work well in most cases where you want to "override" a default service, and it always seems easier to understand..

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
This happens to me in one Tapestry5 project when I start it using the Jetty
plugin and eclipse.
If I start it up using mvn jetty:run, this does not occur - so it might be
something with Maven or the classpath as well.....

Sun, 21 Sep 2008 23:41:37 -0700

hi michael,

happened to me several times too :)

first you could try to define your services as proxy:

from:
binder.bind(HttpdRequestSecurityManager.class).withId("HttpdRequestSecurityManager");

to:
binder.bind(RequestSecurityManager.class, HttpdRequestSecurityManager.class).withId("HttpdRequestSecurityManager");

if this is not enough try to break the dependency cycle by injecting the ObjectLocator and creating the proxy manually

eg:
configuration.add( AliasContribution.create(
   RequestSecurityManager.class,
   locator.proxy(
RequestSecurityManager.class, HttpdRequestSecurityManager.class)) );

see also following post http://tapestry-user.markmail.org/search/?q=kristian+marinkovic#query:kristian%20marinkovic%20order%3Adate-backward+page:1+mid:pmmti5eoegosg2n5+state:results

g,
kris