Hi,

I've created a zone which get's a couple of updates from various external
websites. The zone initally (on page load) contains some local info, but
needs to be dynamically extends with the sources extracted from these
websites. I want to call a server-side method (onActionFromRefreshZone)
which updates this zone (and starts fetching the info from the external
websites) on the dom-loaded event.

The zone is in place and I checked that it works with an actionlink:
# update

However as said I want to call the method onActionFromRefreshZone  on
dom-loaded.
I already have the javascript method in place which is called on this
event.However I have no clue how to call the method in a Asynchrnous way. I
tried including the url of the above actionlink as such:

function functionWhichIsCalledOnDomLoaded(){
        new Ajax.Request('/thepage.refreshzone?t:zone=zone1;t:ac=/id-1-66590/',
{
method:'get' });
}

but this doens't work.
Somehow I'm thinking this isn't the correct way anyhow and that there should
be a more elegant way / more T5-way to call a server-side method
asynchronously.

Thanks,
Geert-Jan