I'm interested in this as well.  Specifically if a user has two page
instances open, how can T5 persistence be used reliably?

I found on Safari and Firefox (not sure about IE, but likely a problem there
as well) that the persisted session properties are shared between page
instances and each page can overwrite the another.  My searches didn't come
up with a definitive answer although I did see that the question has been
asked several times.  Can anyone comment on this or provide a workaround?