Are you using Spring Security directly or are you using the
tapestry5-acegi library?

I use Sprint Security without using tapestry5-acegi and my Login page is
a fully functional tapestry page (ie it allows you to set ASO's etc.).
The trick is to disable Spring security filtering for the login page (in
de spring config file). In my case:

<security:intercept-url pattern="/login/**" filters="none"/>

If you are using tapestry5-acegi you should somehow make the filter not
filter you login page:

Martijn Brinkers