Hi,

You are mixing Tapestry 5 and Tapestry 4. From the snippet below, here are a
few problems:
- The templates in T5 have a .tml as extension
- There is no spec file.
- Your packages are incorrect (should be xxxx.pages)
-  Pages are not abstract
- The BasePage you are extending doesn't exist in T5

BTW, Spindle doesn't work for T5.

I would suggest you go through the tapestry 5 notes first and tutorial #1.
Then, focus on the BeanEditForm component.
For Tapestry 5, There is a dedicated guide here:
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/guide/beaneditform.html

And there is an example in the component reference:

http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/ref/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/components/BeanEditForm.html

/Serge