Yes of course. I saw it only and it striked me as odd, because I used the
inbuilt validator for the first time while playing around with some aspects
of Tap which I never used before.

Most applications will check the email address serverside anyways, for
example to exclude certain domains from which a registration shouldn't be
possible.

Regards,
Otho